January 5, 2009

Is it lame to be excited for Monsters Vs Aliens


At one point in my life I had a choice between "No Country For Old Men" and "Beowulf" in 3D. I know "No Country" is amazing and has some pretty serious action, but I just could not say no to that whole "I am ripper, I am slasher, teeth in the night, I'm the ultimate badass" speech. So, friendo I saw Grendel get owned in 3D. The movie kind of sucked, but the 3D was exciting and fresh. And now I see this "Monsters Vs. Aliens" trailer and I can't help but feel jazzed up.

I mean, there are some good laughs in the trailer, are they stupid laughs, yeah, but most laughs are stupid. But let us not forget that Dreamworks Animation, the studio, making this film brought us "Shrek" and "Kung Fu Panda," two awesome animated features.

People who whine about 3D glasses need to relax. Millions of people wear glasses every day, and get along with life just fine. So what is the problem with wearing coold "Back to the Future part 2" shades for 2 hours so you can marvel at the silver screen.

Could it suck? Yeah it could, but if this film get's one good review, I'll be there opening day.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely not lame to be exited - ridiculous cast too. Is Judd Apatow involved? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0892782/fullcredits#cast

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I for one am pretty excited. It looks funny, you know Seth Rogen is gonna milk that Blob character for all its worth, the animation looks great. While I didn't see it, I think BOLT this past summer proved that the resurgence of 3-D in film, especially these fucking awesome animated features, is more than just a gimmick these days, it's a perfectly viable way to go. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see many more movies using these tricks.

    This is the kind of movie to pregame for. I'm down.

    ReplyDelete