October 7, 2009

Is This The Next Big Action Hero?

YES

Yesterday it was announced that Adrien Brody will be the lead in Predators. And when I say lead, I mean the one the only, ARNOLD role. Some people are shocked about this, but I tell you what, I like this casting, here is why.

1. Brody is a serious actor. The dude has an Academy Award so he can act, and that's basically all you need. Good actors can play any role. People were shocked when Ledger was cast as the Joker, didn't think he "fit" the part, which ended up nabbing him an Academy Award.

2. Brody lost 16 pounds to shoot "The Pianist" and if he could do that, he can definitely bulk up for the role. I don't know if he is going to have those gigantic biceps like Arnold, but he'll be fine, and if he isn't, those CGI muscles will do the rest.

3. Brody brought the action heat pretty hard in the often forgotten "King Kong."

4. I mean as long as he isn't holding the minigun, I think he'll be fine.

5. His name is more action movie sounding than his co-star in the film who is named, Mahershalalhashbaz Ali.

No comments:

Post a Comment