June 17, 2010

Details Emerge On Spartacus Prequel

"Spartacus: Blood & Sand" was one of the most surprising shows of the past TV season. It started out jammed pack with ultra-violence and sex, a thrill which rapidly wore off. However, 2/3rds through the season, the series really turned it around: suddenly there were "Rome" style politics, "Gladiator" style epic arena fights, and TV ratings climbing as high as the body count. The season ended on a dire note when lead actor Andy Whitfield actor was diagnosed with cancer.

STARZ quickly made plans to set up a prequel series to fill the time that Whitfield would need to recover (his recovery is going well, it was announced he will return for a second season ). Now details are slowly starting to emerge about the prequel: see below.


  • The series is called - "Spartacus - Gods Of The Arena," which is even more epic than "Blood and Sand"
  • Gannicus -  A total badass, and the focal point of the miniseries. Think Crixus and Spartacus combined. He will also appear in the second season.
  • Many characters will return including - Batiatus, Lucretia, Doctore, Crixus, Barca, and Naevia and Ashur, which is cool because I always thought Ashur departed too soon

I'll be honest, I can't wait for this! I love the series and can't wait for the prequel and the second season.

2 comments:

  1. James Bond Loves Lucy LawlessJune 19, 2010 at 6:01 PM

    I can hardly wait to see my beloved dearest Lucy as the supersexy naughty barefoot Lucretia, another focal point of the prequel (like an erotic Lucretia mini series). I Love Lucy Forever. :)

    James Bond Loves Lucy Lawless Forever

    ReplyDelete
  2. New it was coming, waited for months to get more info as to how or if we would be able to watch it, cause there was no way I was going to miss this. Finaly, the info I needed, had to purchase additional cable package to get it, but well worth it and well worth the wait. Cant wait for the mini and the second season. I keep up on all my info for(LL)and the rest at ausxip.com

    ReplyDelete