September 6, 2010

2 Years Into THISLALIFE And I Still Haven't Met Arnold

Still Going Strong

Today marks the 2 year anniversary of thislalife.com. It seems like yesterday, I was jobless, addicted to GTA IV and looking for a way to maintain my writing skills and searching an outlet to embed action movie clips on the internet. Now, I have a job and I'm still embedding videos and brainstorming ways I could meet Arnold. I want to take this next centered paragraph to do one thing

THANK YOU

Thanks to all the people who've been reading, whether it's my parents, my friends, my co-workers, and those special people all around the globe who have stumbled upon my mad ramblings. Also thanks to all my friends that link to me on my twitter account and blow my writings up on other internet mediums. It's been a real treat and I assure you, that like Arnold, I have no plans of stopping.

Writing this site, I call it a site cause I have a domain name, is always a blast. It's particularly interesting to look it at as some type of a time capsule. So let's take a look back at some of my favorite posts.

Big Stars Small Dogs - This post is like the perfect storm of the internet. It's about Hollywood and Doggies, people are still reading and commenting on it to this day. I think it was the inclusion of this giant dog/horse/wolf/ewok thing that really pushed it over the edge

The 24 Points About 24 - A true pleasure and writing test week after week, or should I say hour after hour. Man I will miss this show.

TPG's Lost Compass - A good friend and avid reader in NYC encouraged me to write this piece each week. My only regret is that I didn't start earlier.

Quantum of Solace - I'm including this because I'm totally wrong in the post. It shows that my love of movies and hype sometimes is very poorly misplaced. Is Quantum of Solace as good as The Dark Knight? Helllllll nah! But I thought it would be when the first trailer came out. 

Meteor Shower - One of my rare serious introspective posts. A true pleasure to write.

The Nick & Norah - This is one where I tried to explain to my bros why I liked this chick flick. Not sure if we worked.

I hope that you all had a favorite post, feel free to leave it it the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment