March 17, 2011

Jennifer Lawrence is Katniss in The Hunger Games!


Today it was announced that Jennifer Lawrence, star and oscar nominated actress from "Winter's Bone" will play Katniss in "The Hunger Games." Based off the popular book series which I covered when back before Hollywood starting gassing them up, the film is slated to come out (with everything else) in 2012. After seeing the toughness and general badassery that Lawrence displayed in "Winter's Bone," I gotta say I'm pretty thrilled about this choice.

I'm still intrigued to see how they manage to make a PG-13 out of this bloodbath of a story. After all, their are many kids getting shot, exploded, and stabbed with spears, not exactly PG-13 stuff. One detail that I do think Ms. Lawrence will really bring to the table is the transformation of Katniss from rough and tumble scrapper fighter girl to international sensation. A cool part of the story is the balance between the regal capital and the games, and if you see Lawrence at the Oscars, then dayum can she be regal
Catching Fire Indeed!

1 comment:

  1. I want you to thank for your time of this wonderful read!!! I definately enjoy every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff of your blog a must read blog!
    2k18codes

    ReplyDelete