January 27, 2011

Because I'm Not At Sundance Let's Talk About Action Movies

Between all the parties and Kevin Smith meltdowns the Sundance film festival sounds like a great time. There is lots of fresh buzz coming out of the festival regarding films like "Take Shelter," "Homework," and "Martha May Marcy Marlene" and chilling in a mountain town watching movies sounds like a good time. Alas, I'm confident I'll be chilling with Jeremiah Johnson soon, but in the meantime let's take a look at the world of action movies to see what's going on.


Opening on Friday is the Jason Statham / Ben Foster action remake called "The Mechanic" and now this isn't a "Fast and the Furious" spin off, it's an action movie where the two dudes above regulate on lots and lots of bad dudes. That being said, in a recent interview, Foster was asked by the Playlist blog why he took the role, his response: 


“I just got a call saying, ‘Do you want to blow up stuff with Jason Statham?’” says Foster of the being offered the somewhat unlikely part. “It sounded like a really good idea.”


Yes! I wish all actors would be this forthcoming. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to be an action movie star. Yeah go stand over there, we're gonna blow up some shit behind you and then you get to make out with this hot babe. Uhhh, ok, sounds great. But anyway, The Mechanic comes out tomorrow and I may or may not go see it, depends on my need for violence and lack of plot on Saturday.


In other action news, everyone is sending me this clip from this zany Bollywood film about a cyber who can become a snake/ball/robot/clone/wall/and everything else. Check it out below



This clip comes from the film "Enthiran" which is the biggest blockbuster in Indian film history. I gotta say the raw imagination in this film blows every American film out of the water recently. Cameron, nice you have created a fictional world with blue people, this director S. Shankar is doing things wayyyyyy more wild than you, get your robot game up for Avatar 2 and 3.

That's all I have for now, in the meantime I'll be here, counting down the days til DRIVE ANGRY 3D

No comments:

Post a Comment