January 11, 2011

Bond is Back! November 2012 Release Date Set!

In a very welcome announcement, MGM has revealed that the next Bond film will come out (with everything else) in 2012, with a Nov. 12th date being targeted. The new film will be directed by Sam Mendes, yes the same Sam Mendes that made "American Beauty," but also the same director that has worked with Bond actor Daniel Craig in "Road To Perdition," a film with some bruising action scenes.

While I famously stated that "Quantum of Solace" will be as good as "The Dark Knight" before it came out (I was wayyyy wrong), I still have high hopes for these Bond films. Craig always brings that dangerous intensity to the role and I actually prefer the brutal bond over the suave Bond. Perhaps that's just me projecting how much I miss Jack Bauer, jesus, I miss 24.

Anyway, there were reports of Frieda Pinto and Oliva Wilde being considered as Bond girls, so we will have to see if those rumors come together. But for now, welcome back Mr. Bond!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I'm pumped for this news. I too prefer the brutal bond, but just because this recent franchise feels closer to the real world than the spacey gadgets that suave bond played with, not because he reminds me of the right wing neo-fascist 24 with it's conservative agenda and Jack-boot Bauer.

    ReplyDelete