November 18, 2013

How Is It Possible I'm Still Full From The Burrito I Ate At Lunch Yesterday?


I am the Nacho King, but apparently when it comes to burritos I'm barely in the royal court. You see yesterday I went to this old school East LA Burrito spot called El Tepeyac and got the original Hollenbeck Burrito. Ughhhhhhh, I'm so full off this thing still I can't even write correctly. My brain is not connecting with my body and the burrito beast lurking within has everything to do with it.

First a little background, the restaurant has been around since 1942. It was jammed with people when I got there. I ordered what they're famous for and they gave me this new burden. It was about the size of typewriter and no joke weighed 4 pounds. Here's the thing though, I didn't even eat the whole thing, right now the beast is in my refrigerator about 15 feet from me right now just beckoning. Loaded with chili verde sautéed pork, rice, and beans and covered in guacamole this culinary creation is unique in that it's haunting my dreams right now by delighting my past. I mean it was EXTREMELY tasty, but considering my current predicament, I'm debating if it was worth it. Just kidding it was worth it.

Now I'm at the point where I'm trying to figure out my next move. I've been drinking tons of water, taking vitamins and have been avoiding coffee even though I know it may be cure that need right now. I'm in a strange place right now between being seriously full but also moderately weak/tired. It's kind of like a perpetual itis, if you know what that is.

I think I'll eat a third of the burrito again for lunch tomorrow but that might be a bad idea, but I need to master this thing. I can't be a man in Los Angeles who prides himself on a decent knowledge of Mexican Cuisine (I prefer Cocina de Oaxaca brah) and not best this burrito, even it takes a lunch or lifetime. See you on the other side.

1 comment: