December 30, 2008

Cred Confessions: Back to the Future

"Cred" Confessions: As in my movie credibility confessions. When I reflect on a movie that I should have seen, but for some bizarre reason I have not. I always believe that true movie people admit what they have not seen, rather than what they have.

So now that we got that definition squared away, I present my first confession: "Back to the Future." I always knew about Marty McFly and the puffy vest and the rock and roll dance, but what I didn't know was how simple yet extravagant the story is. Time Travel is some sticky shit, see the most reason "season" of Heroes for how it can be done wrong. But "Back to the Future" get's it all right, and I got to commend it for it.

I also get a kick out of watching movies from the 80's that are rated "PG." I mean back to the future contains the following things that would make the hair on the MPAA's neck tingle: weed smoking, swearing, underage drinking, underage smoking, sex, implied rape, and terrorists.

So yeah, the movie lives up to the hype. It's fun, smart, and full of some great performances. I'm embarrassed to say it took so long to see, but whatever now I know where that "where we're going, we don't need roads" line comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment