December 29, 2008

I'm Back with Mike Lowwwrrrry

Thislalife is back up in this action flick called life. The holiday season is winding down and soon regular posting will resume, until then, sit tight. I was recently at a holiday party with youngsters present in and in between explain how dope T2 is, I had a moment of zen. I'll share them with you now.

1. Arnold Rules!!- If have not seen "Predator", "Commando", "Conan", or "Commando", go watch "High School Musical" because these movies are essential viewing for dudes on every continent.
2. "Bad Boys II" - Is the current gold standard for stupid action movie.
3. "The Dark Knight" is does not get worse with repeated viewings.
4. "The Expendables" is going to be a 80's action movie festival in the 2000's. This is a glorious thing because action films these days are either too serious (Valkyrie) or too fake (The Transporter).
5. Good Action films are timeless. I mean when I watch "Cobra," I get a kick out of it because it's a Cheetos cheese fest of action goodness. I also like the action, and good action knows no decade.
6. I watched "Little Caesar" last year, and even though it came out in 1931, it was fresh to me. In that film Edward G Robinson shoots a dude through the wall, a cool piece which of action cinema, which is also repeated in the 2003 classic "Bad Boys II." See that's what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment