April 16, 2009

This Texas Life

In honor of the fact I'm going to Texas today, here are couple of things that are pretty damn legit about Texas.

1. Sonic- The food is ghastly, but the happy hour drinks are heavenly. A huge cherry lime-ade for one dollar. Sign....me.....up. Why these places don't exist in LA, is mystery #76 about LA.

2. Taco Cabana- One step above Taco bell, and one step below your favorite burrito chain (Baja Fresh, Chipolte). I once met a member of MS-13 here in the summer, strange, frightening, and awesome.

3. Ice Houses- Basically an Ice House is a house full of ice that serves beer. People sit in the heat and drink the the beer that comes from the house.

4. Joel Osteen- Now, this is a guy who is divise, but I gotta say, after going to his Church, he knows how to put on a show.

5. HUGE MOVIE SCREENS- I don't know if everything is big in Texas, but the screens in every theatre are gigantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment