July 26, 2009

3 Comic Con Commandments

In case you were wondering, yes, the storm trooper on the left is a clone wars model (the guy in the middle is also Rick Fox). Out of all the photos I have from the weekend, this is the one I wanted to share, because it represents the insanity of the weekend. So without further hesitation, I drop these nuggets on you.

1. This is a place of comfort, joy, and nerds- Those storm troopers above, in real life they could be pencil pushing office drones who get stomped out daily by some meathead ex football player who hangs out in the company kitchen. But here, at Comic Con, they are Gods, capable of arresting basketball players and courting rebel alliance babes that roam the floor. Everyone here is so stoked to be amongst their own.

2. This is a place that rewards patience- I got up at 6:30 AM, waited in line for 4 hours to see the LOST panel, and then I waited another 4 hours to see Iron Man 2. And nothing disappointed, I screamed like a little Twilight pre-teen when they screened Iron Man 2 footage, and it was worth it. I wish real life was like comic con life and you just wait it out and then everything you want is fulfilled.

3. This is a place where stars walk among us- Of all the memories, one of the funniest is when I got in an elevator with geek god Joss Whedon. I now will transcribe my thoughts in the elevator.
Shit, this dude looks familiar, all right, I know who this is
This dude is Joss Whedon, the guy that created that piece of shit show
Dollhouse, oh man, wait, is that him, I thought was bigger in real life, damn
you only got so much time in the elevator. Better ask him if he is who think he is,
yeah ask him, don't be a wuss, BE TONY STARK!

Me: Eyyyyyy Yo, are you Joss Whedon
Joss Whedon: Yes
Me: Cool

Can't wait for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment