July 10, 2009

Who Cares About The Green Lantern?


Bradley Cooper, Ryan Wilson, Justin Timberlake are the three finalists to play Green Lantern. Honestly, I don't know why this is a big deal because most people don't know shit about the Green Lantern. Hell, I consider myself I fanboy and even I don't know much about him. All this news about the Green Lantern makes we wonder two things: who/what is the Green Lantern and why is a movie being made about him?

After hours of research I can now safe that The Green Lantern refers to not one, but many intergalactic policemen who use one power ring on their finger to fight the forces of evil that exist throughout the universe. Uhhh, ok, when it comes to hand based superheroes, I'll take the badass dude with the claws that come out of his hands, not the Limited Too obsessed ring based hero.

As for the movie, you'd think that Warner Brothers would be more interested in making a movie about Superman. His logo is one of the most recognizable in the Universe, he has a rich history of actors playing him, and most importantly his powers are very cinematic (well more cinematic than a magic ring). And while "Superman Returns" turned the hero into a brooding whiny sucka MC, a new movie that featured Superman punching dudes through building or tearing giant city threatening robots to shreds would definitely require a viewing.

A dude with a magic ring, I'll pass.

1 comment:

  1. Green Lantern was my favorite DC comic character. I liked the idea of the lantern holders all over the Galaxy. Also, you never knew when yellow stuff was going to show up and cause problems.
    What I want to know is why isn't the DC comics group trying to put together a "Justice League" movie? With a little humor it could become an Ocean's like franchise

    ReplyDelete