August 21, 2009

Posse At War Flicks: The Guns of Navarone

In honor of "Inglorious Basterds" coming out today (shoulda had a review today, for that I apologize, please don't scalp me) I've decided to briefly highlight my favorite P.A.W. movie: "The Guns of Navarone". P.A.W. stands for POSSE AT WAR, aka just a group of bros going on secret missions behind enemy lines, icing up bad guys, and talking about fine dames. Other activities include slaying, rooting out turncoat spies, tough guy swagger talk, and last but certainly not the least, saving the world from the forces of evil.

In this PAW flick, the posse has to destroy a massive gun battery built into the Greek mountains. While I don't want to spoil the film, it has a tremendous ending that I rank as one of the best climaxes of the genre. Gregory Peck perhaps best known to young audiences as the stern wise Atticus Finch in the adaptation of "To Kill A Mockingbird" stars in the flick as the leader of the posse. He brings it hard both on the acting front and on the words of "Basterds" the "killing nazi" front.



1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD-KG42qB1w Better old war movie.

    ReplyDelete