February 7, 2011

4 Quarters With The Superbowl Movie Previews



1. 36 seconds. That's how long it took for everyone to forget about "Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen" and start salivating over "Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon." I knew this movie was going to be dope, mainly because Michael Bay was directing and he is the MASTER of destruction, but this, with it's alien invasion plot, new babe, and Optimus Prime taking care of BUSINESS on a city street with swords really just shattered my brain. Sure the plot may not be incredible but this is the summer popcorn flick to beat! And it shot in 3D!



2. "Transformers" isn't a movie, it's a spectacle of metal and fire, but "Captain America," this is a movie man does this look cool. It's the first period piece super-hero movie and based off this trailer, it appears that the film has captured the comic book feel expertly. The transformation of scrawny Chris Evans to beefy Chris Evans is cool, but the real badass part of this trailer is the reveal of the Red Skull! As a kid, the Skull always freaked me out, I mean he's a evil nazi commander with a red skull for a head, and based off this image, I'd say they knocked the look out of the park.



3. Yeahhhh! No trailer got a bigger reaction from my superbowl party than this one. I don't know what it is about fast cars, Vin Diesel, hot babes, guns, The Rock, guns, explosions, scorching hot babes, trains, fist fights, techno, and cars/people falling off cliffs that gets people excited, but I'm pretty sure people like those things.


4. Emotional Mystery! That was the theme of the trailer for JJ Abrams and Stevein Spielberg' s"Super 8." While I thought the music was a little too magical/cheesy the imagery here was definitely interesting. Abrams junkies have already found clues in the trailer revealing the monster, but in the end I included this one because it makes me wonder just what is going on here. It's a period piece but there is a military/monster/magic prescense. Those three M bombs are like the Spielberg trinity and it looks like this film could deliver.

No comments:

Post a Comment