April 20, 2011

Enjoy The Calm Before The Summer Movie Storm

Yes that is a car driving over a cliff. If you're not into cars driving off cliffs, then you're kidding yourself, I don't care how old you are, that shit is cool. Yes that is a picture from the excellent trailer for "Fast Five," the first official movie of the 2011 summer movie season. This week we are in now is it, your last chance to prepare for the onslaught of summer movies that are going to start coming at you....uh...I got to, the movies are going to be coming fast and furious for the next three months.

Here's a brief lineup of what's coming up and my thoughts on each
  • May 6: Thor This is getting pretty good reviews and you know I have to see anything that preps me for The Avengers, besides it's got hammers!
  • May 13: Bridesmaids (Getting great reviews) The trailers have been decent and I keep hearing lots of positive buzz, looks like a solid date movie with a killer cast.
  • May 20: Pirates of the Caribbean Dammmmmnn Johnny Depp, what you doing with your life? A fourthquel, get a new franchise man. I'm tempted by senorita Cruz but just don't know if I can pull the trigger on buying tickets to this.
  • Memorial Day: Hangover Part II, Kung Fu Panda 2, Tree of Life Two are sequels to highly enjoyable films and one is a meta-heady story with dinosaurs, a serious serious weekend.
  • June 3: X-Men First Class When this movie was announced people were skeptical of a X-Men story in the 60's (they also couldn't forgive/forget Wolverine) but now after the trailers, people are Colossus pumped for this, I'm one of them.
  • June 10: Super 8 While I'm not as jazzed as others, I can't deny that this looks interesting and Abram's last film, a little picture called "Stark Trek" was one of the most enjoyable pieces of entertainment of the last couple of years.
  • June 17: Green Lantern Thislalife contributor KosherD has got me pumped on this, and since he's my bro in real life/comic life I trust his judgement on this.
  • June 24: Cars 2 People knocking PIXAR need to get their game up, "Cars" is an under appreciated gem, sure it sells a ton of merchandise, but don't use that as a reason to knock the film. Besides I really like Lightning McQueen & Mater, dare I say they are the new Woody & Buzz now that Woody & Buzz are retired?
So fasten your seatbelts and get ready for Summer 2011. Or should I say unbuckle your seatbelts and get ready to drive off the cliff in sumer movie season. Oh I think I forget something

FAST FIVE APRIL 29TH!

No comments:

Post a Comment