April 4, 2011

"He who seeks beauty will find it."

Hey team. Marie Buck here, guest blogging for the one and only Mr. Goessling.

Last night I had the real treat of seeing the documentary Bill Cunningham New York. Quite simply, it moved me. It was charming and inspiring and honest and captured what I respect more than anything: doing what you love.

Bill Cunningham is the street style photographer for the New York Times, and has been for almost 50 years. Simply put, he's delightful. What struck me about Bill is that he is the simplest of men--by that I mean his desire for food, living conditions, material items are as close to basic and functional as a human can get, but what he does is anything but simple. His eye for creativity, trends, and human expression is exquisite.

Bill rides around NYC on his bike, snapping up pictures of the New York street style--he doesn't care who you are, he cares about fabulous clothes and ensembles! And that doesn't necessary mean couture. He's adorable. He's an icon. He makes me want to take photos.

It's in limited release, and currently playing at the Landmark in LA. Go!

For more me, visit my tumblr.


1 comment:

  1. You couldn't have said it better Faith! Everyone must see this film!!

    ReplyDelete