February 18, 2009

Body Of Lies: The Incredible Average Film

How can a movie from Leonardo DiCaprio, the certified boss of films like "Gangs of New York" and "Blood Diamond", and Russell "If you don't like Gladiator you're not human" Crowe be so bland? I mean like action, I like middle east intrigue, I like seeing terrorists get blasted (should be obvious from my love affair with 24), but I didn't care for the movie. It's not that it's bad, it's just that it's not good.

The direction is good enough, but for Ridley Scott, the question is "What have you done for me lately?" Yeah "Gladiator" is the movie that reignited a genre and inspired me to get deez (strong), but "Kingdom of Heaven", let's just say Orlando Bloom aint no Knight. As for the acting, DiCaprio is great, but he only has one good scene. As for Crowe, he just eats the whole time, not exactly Oscar worthy.

In the end, I'm saying avoid it. All the "hype" about it being good, it's all.......not true

No comments:

Post a Comment