February 11, 2009

Sink 2.0

Yesterday I had my world rocked by this sink. I was at a very swanky Hollywood restaurant eating tons of crazy food and pounding water, so naturally in time, I went the bathroom. When I went to wash my hands, I was terrified by the sink. I mean, it's flat, what's going to happen if there's a splash? Will it get on my pants? Will it look like I had an accident? Where is the water going? Do I need to call my engineer brother for answers? Will this sink someday replace the classic sink that I have been raised on?

And then after all these questions ran out of the faucet of my mind, I realized this simple truth. Flat sinks are all part of thislalife. I've never seen a flat sink in my life back in Boston, I guess back in the Bean, they figure flat sinks aren't trustworthy. Water on the even plane could freeze in the wintertime (winter is a foreign concept in LA). In time I think I'll learn to love this sink, but till then I'm just living in this crazy, mind expanding city called LA

1 comment:

  1. Where is this sink? Can we visit it when we get to LA?
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete