February 22, 2009

Oscar Fallout: I'm Wolverine!

Last night at the Oscars, there was two surprises. The first was that Mickey Rourke did not win for best actor, the second, some random movie won for best foreign film. But's let talk about the show's opener, Hugh Jackman was singing, dancing, and basically giving it his all. I loved his techno bit about "The Reader." And then he closes it out, by singing "I'm Wolverine!!!" at the top of his lungs.

Yeah, you are.....bub.

And just like that I realized, I'm pretty jazzed up for "Wolverine," wait, let me re-phrase that, I'm reallly AROD steroid pumped up for "Wolverine".  I love big summer popcorn flicks, I love comics, and I like comic movies with badass heros with knives on their hands.

Besides that the director's (Gavin Hood) last film, "Tsosti" was amazing, what really revs up my engine is the promise of new all these new X-Men characters on the big screen. Seeing Deadpool, Gambit, Sabretooth, Silver Fox, Cyclops, and Wolverine all over the place is going to be a trip. But honestly, it's just a warmup for the Avengers, which is going to be so fly it's going to turn our minds into jelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment