October 1, 2008

Big Stars, Small Dogs

When I was young, my family took a trip to New Orleans. It was a great time, we saw alligators, museums, and ate lots of seriously tasty food. I also saw the Cash Money Millionaires, which for a seventh grader was pretty much the coolest thing in the world. I was walking down the street and A Bentley pulled up to a gate, which opened to reveal a huge mansion with about five massive dogs in the yards. How massive you ask? I'm talking Beethoven massive. And there in that fateful moment, I equated the size of the dogs to much you were big bossing it, a.k.a, how much money you have. As you can see this dude with his cowboy hat is clearly the boss.

Now, I'm not a very materialistic person, but I can clearly see that LA is a materialistic town. I realized this was true when I repeatedly got cut off by Ferraris, Lambo's and while driving on Rodeo drive. So I figured that in LA, there would be plenty of big huge dogs. I was so wrong. Almost all the dogs I see in this town look like this
And I have no problem with perros pequenos, I'm just wondering where all the big ones have gone. Perhaps the big dogs aren't allowed on the streets of LA because they will go beast mode on the small dogs. Either way, I have human politics to worry about, I can't be stressing about canine street issues. So like many strange things about LA living, I'll just accept this one and keep living this LA life.

8 comments: