October 3, 2008

Friday Movie Shake-Down (The Fall Gets Going)











Beverly Hills Chihuahua
This movie is about talking chihuahuas in Beverly Hills, which is surprising because the poster makes it look like Indiana Jones with Chihuahuas. I won't be seeing it, but I hear rumors that people you know (who don't have little kids) will be seeing it, and that is something to worry about.








Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist
Michael Cera and Kat Dennings listen to sweet Indie Rock songs while falling in love. And while, it's easy to make fun of this cliche movie, I'll let my guard down and little and say this looks pretty funny and a great date movie. I mean I'd rather see this than "Nights in Rodanthe"










Flash of Genius
This is a flick about the man who created the windshield wiper and the corporate scandal that follows. If that isn't a hell of an idea for a flick, I don't know what is. However, the general theme of the little guy sticking to the big corporate fat cats who try to squash the average American is a pertinent one, in fact a little too pertinent.








Blindness
I just realized how cool this poster is, it's like your at the eye doctor, get it. Anyway this film is about an epidemic of blindness and the one woman who can see. Fernando Meirelles is one of my favorite directors, Julianne Moore is a great actress, and Mark Ruffalo is a highly underrated actor. It's a great team, but the buzz around this is decent.

THE RECOMMENDATION FOR THE WEEK IS: Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

No comments:

Post a Comment