September 17, 2009

Driving in LA like Batman



Let's talk about driving here people, not the usual Saturday morning drive to the garbage dump in the family van, but the real deal LA freeway driving. I'll be the first to say that I'm not the best driver in the world, but I'm not the worst either. I'm like the Commissioner Gordon of driving, I'm not "Batman," but I do my part.

But recently I've found myself becoming more and more like the "Dahhhhhhhhk Knight" on the road. The reason for this is the got dayummmmmmm mergers on the highways here in LA. Merging onto the 5, merging onto the 101, it doesn't matter, the merge, the physical act of two roads becoming one, call it road marriage, call it road sex, it doesn't matter, but it really brings out the worst in people. 

I'm sitting there, doing my part, I've been in the left lane for a while now, and then some chief wants to sneak in at the last minute. Sorry pal, I'm the "Dahhhhhhhhk Knight" now, any other day, I'd let you in, maybe even flash you a thumbs up, but not now, not today buddy. You can sit in the lane acting like people are being difficult, when it is you, you interloper of lanes, who is the blight of thislalife driving experience.

All I'm saying, give me 5 more years in this city and all my drives even if they are 20 yards long will be like the video featured above.

No comments:

Post a Comment