September 21, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

Another weekend passes by and I can report that I did not step in the movie theatre. The fallout from the summer movie season continues. Box office was kind to the 3D God's once again, with "Cloudy With A Chance of Meaaaataballlz" taking that number one spot. As for Jennifer and her body, she didn't do so hot. Some people are saying this is the end of Megan Fox and the demise of "Juno" screenwriter Diablo Cody, and to that I say, blehhhhh, who really cares? I don't want to sound sexist, but let's be honest here folks, Fox is only famous because she is sizzling. She's like the 2007-2010 version of Alicia Silverstone. She'll be gone in no time.

The same shows that I don't watch continued to win awards at the emmys, mainly "30 Rock" and "Mad Men," but I was happy to see my man Michael Emerson, aka Ben Linus pick up some much earned hardware. Yet, after last weeks award show fireworks, I was infuriated that Kanye or one of his doppelgangers didn't storm the stage. I actually bet the producers were hoping something like that would happen, mark my words, something similar will go down at the Oscars. With 10 best pictures nominations, and a new voting system, the Academy really wants to be hip, and there is nothing more hip that having a major star bum rush the stage. You wait and see.

1 comment:

  1. Then watch "30 Rock" and "Mad Men" two of the best shows on TV currently. Don Draper is the shit.

    ReplyDelete