September 24, 2009

Paranormal Activity: Hype Worthy?

 

I might not make it to the screening tonight, I'm a little under the weather, and the line might be massive. What screening? The "Paranormal Activity" screening being held in Los Angeles (and other cities across the country) this evening. Directed by newcomer Oren Peli, the film which has been on the festival circuit for a while now, gets a limited release on Friday. Billed as haunted house thriller in the vein of "The Blair Witch Project," the film has been generating serious buzz from around the film spectrum including nerdy ass bloggers (who me?) and even Steven Spielberg.

There is a chance the film could suck harder the Phillies closer Brad Lidge's performance this season, yet I'm thinking, or you could say, I'm pondering that this movie is going to bring the scary thunder and the lightning for that matter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment